General informations


The cottage includes:

on the ground floor :

- an equipped kitchen (hob, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, toaster, etc.);

- a dining area;

- a private wooden terrace, with garden furniture and barbecue;

- access to the owners' garden, with trampoline for children;

- a poolroom ;

- an annex for storing bicycles;

- private parking (inner courtyard).

on the 1st floor :

- a living room with TV;

- a bedroom for 2 people, with 1 bed (160 x 200);

- a bathroom (walk-in shower, sink and cupboards);

- a laundry room (washing machine, ironing board and iron, vacuum cleaner, etc.), with changing area;

- a separate toilet.

on the 2nd floor :

- a mezzanine overlooking the living room, with 1 bed (80 x 190);

- a bedroom for 2 people, with 2 beds (90 x 200).

The cottage is equipped with central heating and has free WiFi access.

The housee is non smoking and pets are not allowed.

La cuisine.
La cuisine.
Le billard.
Le billard.

Ground floor

The equipped kitchen and the dining area.

The upstairs access staircase.

The poolroom.

1st floor

The bedroom with a large bed.

The bathroom.

The laundry room and the toilet.

The living room.

La chambre du 1er étage.
La chambre du 1er étage.
Le séjour.
Le séjour.
La salle de bain.
La salle de bain.
La salle de bain.
Le WC.
La mezzanine.
La mezzanine.
Vue sur la 2e chambre depuis la mezzanine.
La chambre du 2e étage.
La chambre du 2e étage.

2d floor

The mezzanine with a bed.

The bedroom with two beds.

La terrasse.
La terrasse.
L'allée vers la terrasse.
La 2e terrasse et l'annexe.
Le jardin.
Le jardin.


A parking in front of the cottage.

A terrace with armchairs.

A terrace with table and chairs.

An annex for bicycles.

A garden with a trampoline.


Crupet is a village of about 500 inhabitants that does not leave anyone indifferent, for several reasons:

  • the built heritage: a core of preserved dwellings (18th and 19th centuries) including a church and a 12th century castle, a 17th century presbytery, and remains of grain, oil and paper mills, etc. ;
  • the cave of Saint-Antoine, built by the parishioners and inaugurated in 1903;
  • nature and landscapes: the possibilities of walks are innumerable among the woods, through the meadows or along the streams;
  • its particular history: until 1796 Crupet was an enclave of the Principality of Liège in the County of Namur;
  • friendliness: the restaurants and regular events are particularly popular with tourists.

For these reasons, Crupet has been listed among “The most beautiful villages in Wallonia” for 30 years.

Crupet has all the characteristics of a Condroz village, where valleys and ridges follow one another, imitating corrugated iron. The old natural stone dwellings alternate between ocher sandstone (extracted from the ridges) and gray limestone (extracted from the valleys).

Vue depuis le haut du village.
Vue depuis la rue Basse.
Vue depuis la route de Mont-Godinne.
Gravure ancienne (1743).
Vue vers le village (1910).
Vue de la cour intérieure (1895).
Carte postale ancienne (1902).

The castle

It is very difficult not to fall under the spell of this small 12th century manor, surrounded by moats and connected to the mainland by a stone bridge.

It has been completely restored recently, but cannot be visited.

The entrance is preceded by a farm, which was exploited until the middle of the 20th century. The barn is clearly visible from the gite's garden.

The church

The primitive Romanesque church, characterized by its massive tower, also dates from the 12th century. It was enlarged in the 16th century. The interior was transformed in the 18th century.

The tombstones placed in the church are of the greatest interest. The most beautiful is that of the lords of Crupet (17th century).

The church, surrounded by the old cemetery, is inseparable from its age-old linden.

L'église et le vieux tilleul.
Vue depuis le rue du Dessus.
Les pierres tombales.
Carte postale ancienne (1910).
La grotte et le presbytère (Office du Tourisme).
Le prêche aux poissons.
Le miracle de la mule.
La mort de Saint-Antoine.
L'arrière de la grotte.
Saint-Antoine et le Diable.
Le Diable.
L'inauguration de la grotte (1903).

The cave of St-Antoine

Built entirely by the parishioners, it was inaugurated in 1903. With the exception of 3 cast iron statues (the Devil, the beggar and the priest), all the statues are in terracotta. That of the Devil weighs more than 700 kg.

Inside, there are 3 representative scenes from the life of the saint.

The Devil, who ultimately stole the show from the saint, is in the back.

L'ancienne papeterie Delvosal.
Le moulin d'Avillon.
L'ancienne papeterie Charlot.
L'ancienne huilerie de la rue du Comte.
Le moulin de la Ramonette (1902).

The mills

Crupet is a country of stones, wood and... water! At the end of the garden, two streams meet to form the Crupet. At the exit of the village, another stream, coming from Durnal, joins the Crupet.

These steeply sloping streams gave birth to many mills.

Around 1800, there were 7 mills, of various sizes and functions.

Rue Haute.
Rue Haute.
Rue Haute.
Rue Basse.
Rue du Comte.
Rue du Comte.
Rue de Messe.
Rue Haute (1950).

Old housing

The most typical houses date from the 18th and 19th centuries.

Many feature vintage stones; finding them is an interesting and pleasant walk.

The owner of the gîte can provide you with all the information you need on this subject.


LE 14 has a beautiful garden with a trampoline for children.

There are many possibilities for walking, cycling or mountain biking, both in Crupet and in the surrounding area.

Events are regularly organized in the village.

Le trampoline du gîte.
La plaine de jeux, rue Haute.
La plaine de jeux, rue Haute.

For children

The large trampoline in the garden is accessible to children.

The little ones can also enjoy the playground in the center of the village.

Walks or bike rides

Many marked trails are easily accessible from the cottage.

Maps are available to tenants.

They are also on sale at the Tourist Office.

Bicycles can be stored in the annex of the gîte.

Les chemins balisés.
Vue d'Insefy.
La rivière de Crupet (1905).
Carte des promenades à pied.
Vue depuis la route de Mont-Godinne (1925).
Le sentier du "Bois sur la Ville".
Vue d'Insefy.
La riviere de Crupet.
La brocante.
La marche gourmande de Noël.
La marche gourmande de Noël.
La galerie d'art.
Le jeu de balle.

A lively village

The large flea market (early June) always attracts many participants.

The gourmet walk in December is also very popular.

Without forgetting the village aperitifs, the fair, the ball game struggles or an art gallery.